Springfield DUI with Injury Defense AttorneyRequest a Free Consultation
Being charged with driving under the influence (DUI) can mean serious consequences, especially if someone is injured in an accident. The driver could face jail time and substantial fines and lose their driver’s license. Working with an experienced DUI defense attorney from Holley, Rosen & Beard, LLC ensures that you know your rights and have a compelling legal defense strategy to help you beat the charges against you.
Why Choose Holley, Rosen & Beard, LLC?
- By choosing Holley, Rosen & Beard, LLC, you will get the experience and skills of a big legal firm and the attention only a small firm can offer.
- We have extensive experience with DUI cases and understand how to investigate, communicate and negotiate in a way that successfully resolves your DUI charge.
- Holley, Rosen & Beard, LLC is an AV-rated law firm, the highest possible designation of Martindale Hubbell’s prestigious peer review rating system.
What a DUI with Injury Charge Means
A DUI with injury conviction is quite a severe offense meaning that a driver had an accident while under the influence of drugs or alcohol and caused another person bodily harm. In Springfield, a DUI with injury is considered a felony, meaning that a conviction brings with it substantial fines, the possibility of time in jail, and a suspended license for an extended time period.
Springfield’s DUI with Injury Penalties
Penalties for a DUI conviction with injury are severe in Springfield, Illinois. If convicted, the driver might face the following penalties:
- Hefty fines
- Jail or prison sentence
- Suspended driver’s license
- Probation with mandatory compliance to particular terms and conditions
- Community service as part of a sentence
How a Springdale DUI with Injury Defense Lawyer Can Help You
Your Springfield DUI defense attorney can aid you in navigating the legal system and constructing a compelling defense strategy. There are multiple ways that your attorney can help you. A few of these are listed below:
- Your DUI defense lawyer will review your case and conduct a thorough investigation using police reports, accident photos, witness statements, and other available evidence to target potential weaknesses in the prosecution’s case against you.
- Some of the evidence against you may be susceptible to challenge if your attorney feels that it might be inaccurate or unreliable. This could include field sobriety tests and blood or breathalyzer tests.
- It is possible that your DUI defense attorney can have the charges against you reduced or dismissed by negotiating with the prosecutor on your behalf.
- Construct a potent defense strategy designed to highlight possible errors in your case and achieve the best possible outcome for you.
- Your DUI defense attorney will represent you in court, knowledgeably, and skillfully advocate for your best interests.
Defending Your Rights and Your Freedom Following a DUI with Injury Charge
Depending on the circumstances of the accident and the extent of the injuries the other party suffered, a driver in this situation could face serious criminal charges. If the injuries are considered “great bodily harm,” it could mean the charges are for an aggravated DUI. This means that you will need a more robust defense strategy.
The DUI defense attorneys with Holley, Rosen & Beard, LLC, understand how to support you or your loved one best if you face such charges. Contact us today for a free consultation. Our goal is to get you the best possible resolution of your case.