Springfield Misdemeanor Defense AttorneyRequest a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one have been charged with a misdemeanor, you may be concerned about how to manage the offense. Though a misdemeanor is considered less serious than a felony, it can still wreak havoc on your life if convicted of one. It is essential that you have a Springfield misdemeanor defense attorney from Holley, Rosen & Beard, LLC, to guide you through the legal process.
Why Choose Holley, Rosen & Beard, LLC?
- Our cumulative 50 years of experience and successful track record make us the attorney of choice in Springfield.
- We offer small firm attention with large firm experience.
- Holley, Rosen & Beard, LLC, has been recognized by our peers with the highest accolades. We are an AV-rated law firm, the highest designation under Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system.
Common Misdemeanor Charges in Springfield
At Holley, Rosen & Beard, LLC, our experience handling all sorts of criminal charges is vast. Our skilled attorneys are ready to manage all manner of charges for you as well. Some of the criminal charges we have experience with are listed below:
- Drug charges
- DUI and alcohol-related offenses
- Assault and battery
- Fraud and embezzlement
- Sex crimes
- Mail fraud and check washing
- Domestic violence
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Construction zone violations
How a Misdemeanor Affects Your Life
Misdemeanors sound like they should not be any big deal, but in truth, they can cause a fair amount of trouble for the average person. What follows is a list of ways a misdemeanor can jeopardize your future:
- You could spend time in jail
- Hefty fines often accompany misdemeanors
- Missing work for court appearances or serving your sentence can interfere with your employment. Most employers will not hold a job for an employee who is serving time.
- Securing housing with a criminal record becomes more complicated
- Most potential employers will do a background check and may not hire someone with a criminal record
- Child custody and visitation can be further complicated when a criminal conviction is part of the picture
- You could miss educational opportunities, student loans, grants, and scholarships because of the consequences of a criminal record. Many institutes of higher learning will consider your criminal record when determining acceptance.
How a Misdemeanor Defense Attorney in Springfield Can Help
The attorneys at Holley, Rosen & Beard, LLC will do everything we possibly can to defend you and give you peace of mind. Some of the responsibilities of a misdemeanor defense attorney are listed below:
- Investigate the specifics of your case by gathering evidence, reviewing witness statements, and interviewing witnesses as needed to mount a robust strategy for your defense.
- Your criminal defense lawyer will conduct the necessary legal research to find laws and precedents related to your case to pursue the most robust defense possible for you.
- Receiving sound legal counsel is another crucial service that we offer. Your defense attorney will advise you of your rights, all possible resolutions, and strategies that could maximize your success.
- An experienced criminal defense attorney can sometimes negotiate plea deals that can diminish or dismiss the charges levied against you.
- Representation in court is one of the essential offerings of a skilled trial lawyer specializing in criminal defense.
Holley, Rosen & Beard, LLC, Are Here to Serve You
If you or a loved one has been charged with a misdemeanor offense, contact the legal team of Holley, Rosen & Beard, LCC, of Springfield, Illinois. Our experience and successful track record make us the right choice when your future is on the line. Reach out today for a free consultation.