Springfield Personal Injury LawyerRequest a Free Consultation
As lawyers who used to defend insurance companies, we at Holley, Rosen & Beard, LLC, understand personal injury cases from both a plaintiff and an insurance company’s point of view. We know how insurance companies value injury cases and can help you seek maximum compensation for your case.
No matter how you were hurt, we are here to answer your questions about medical care, insurance and other issues related to your accident. Our team is here to help when you need a Springfield personal injury lawyer by your side. We will give you an honest evaluation of your case and explain your options, so you can make an educated decision about what you want to do. From our law offices in Springfield, we represent personal injury victims throughout central Illinois.
We Help You Get The Compensation And Benefits You Deserve
With more than 50 years of experience, we have seen all types of injury cases, worked with families from throughout the state and ultimately know what it takes to get you the compensation you need in a timely, effective manner.
Below are some of the most common types of cases we handle:
- Car accidents: To preserve your rights to full compensation after a car wreck, don’t sign anything or say anything before you talk to a lawyer.
- Truck accidents: These wrecks often incur some of the most serious injuries and require the assistance of attorneys who know how to handle complex accident cases.
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents: If you were injured on a bike or while on foot after being hit by a car, you can still pursue compensation for your injuries.
- Wrongful death: When a loved one dies in an accident, our lawyers will guide you through the legal and financial issues, so you can concentrate on your family.
- Medical malpractice: A bad medical outcome does not necessarily mean that your provider was guilty of malpractice. Malpractice cases are hard to prove and require the use of experts.
- Construction accidents: Construction accidents often result in two legal claims: a personal injury claim and a claim for Illinois workers’ compensation benefits.
- Dog bites: When an animal attack results in an injury, the owner is automatically responsible, unless you were trespassing or tormenting the animal.
- Slip-and-fall injuries: If you fall and injure yourself in a store, you might think that the store will pay for your damages. However, unless you can prove negligence, the store is not likely to pay you anything.
No matter the scale or scope of your accident and subsequent injuries, we encourage you to give us a call at (217) 544-3368 or (877) 671-5884. It doesn’t cost you anything, and you can get answers to your questions. We understand that the aftermath of an accident is confusing, and we are here to clear things up.
When you hire us, we will get to work ensuring you are treated fairly by the insurance company, get the treatment you need, understand the long-term effects of your injuries, and will fight for the just compensation you need to cover medical bills and other accident-related expenses.
Types of Compensation Available for a Springfield Personal Injury Claim
Individuals who sustain injuries caused by the negligent actions of another individual or entity in the Springfield area may be able to recover various types of compensation for their losses. At Holley, Rosen & Beard, LLC, our goal is to ensure clients receive economic and non-economic compensation for their losses.
- Economic damages. These types of losses revolve around the expenses that an injury victim and our team can calculate by using receipts, invoices, and bills that come in after the incident happens. We can add up these losses and work to recover compensation for:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Ongoing medical treatment costs
- Prescription medications and medical devices
- Payment for in-home medical care or home and vehicle modification
- Lost wages if an individual is unable to work
- Property damage expenses
- Non-economic damages. These types of losses involve the more immeasurable pain and suffering individuals will likely endure as a result of the injury and the recovery. There may not be bills or receipts that we can add up to definitively put a dollar amount on a person’s physical and emotional pain and suffering, but there are various acceptable legal methods for calculating these types of losses.
There is no set amount of compensation paid to personal injury victims in Springfield. Various factors will affect the compensation amount, including the severity of the injury or injuries, how long it takes a person to recover, whether or not an individual can work, allegations of shared fault, and more.
How Long do You Have to File Your Claim?
Personal injury victims in Springfield and throughout Illinois must remain aware of how long they have to file these claims. The personal injury statute of limitations in this state is two years from the date an injury occurs. If the injury victim fails to file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court within this time frame, they will not be able to recover compensation for their losses.
Since many personal injury claims are resolved through settlements with insurance carriers, individuals need to be aware of any deadlines put in place by the individual carriers. Failing to promptly report an insurance claim could lead to unnecessary delays or even a claim denial.
Why is an Attorney Needed for This Case?
Personal injury claims can become incredibly complicated, particularly when going up against well-funded insurance carriers and at-fault parties. At Holley, Rosen & Beard, LLC, we believe that having a Springfield personal injury lawyer by your side is the best possible route to recover complete compensation for your losses.
When you have an advocate by your side, you will have someone with the resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation into your claim. An attorney can gather all of the evidence necessary to prove liability. They will also handle all communication with the insurance carriers, legal teams, and other parties involved. If necessary, a skilled personal injury lawyer will fully prepare your case for a trial by jury.
Call Us Right Now For A Free Personal Injury Consultation
For more information or a free case evaluation, call our Springfield law offices at (217) 544-3368, (877) 671-5884 or send an email by completing our contact form.